Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
... as for navigation.. well, isn't there a libgarmin that can read
garmin maps directly? Can't NavIt do this now?

There is and NavIt can use it.

In fact, this is the right temporary (?) solution imho!
I hope I'll be able to run Navit with commercial garmin maps (rendered by libgarmin) at the beginning... Then I'll hope to use OSM.
Of course I think I'll use my Freerunner to map my area!

Anyway I accept the idea of using commercial apps/maps until there's nothing of usable for free and freely, since generally such tools become useful when we're traveling in unknown places, and so that we can't map on OMS without the help of others!

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/