On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:31:20 +0100, Joseph Reeves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

To join this post and your previous post, how about using the
accelerometers to enhance the GPS?

Not just for power saving, but say you drive through a tunnel; the GOS
loses connectivity but the device still knows your location based on
accelerometer data. There are commercially available in car navigation
systems that already employ this technology.

I haven't mentioned accelerometer-assisted dead reckoning because I remember it having already been discussed. The same goes for recognition of various gestures like shaking and tilting.

--
Alexey Feldgendler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>