On May 17, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Andy Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 17 May 2008 20:55, Brandon Kruse wrote:

<snip>

I think that it's a dialer function - however it would be nice if other applications could tell the dialer how to dial. Since dbus seems to be the interface that's going to be used it might be nice to have the option there too. In essence you can configure this option from the dialer or any other application that sends a message via dbus - this seems the most
flexible and
would allow an application to tell the dialer 'Please dial this number,
via VOIP'

I am a little confused about where we would want the options (eg Preferred
voip, preferred GSM, etc)

Actually, just thinking about it the dialer could just read the settings using gconf then in the 'system preferences application' you could set which you
wanted.

I remember mickey discussing the strong API for using dbus. I am loving
this, as I use
dbus in a lot of other applications, specifically with glib. It's as simple
as signal_connect('sig-name, aka new-phone-call', callback_func);

it was a knee jerk reaction from me ... I'd like to see dbus support in the dialer. The settings stored in the gconf db could be temporarily overridden
by a dbus call when dialing a number

I will look into the Dialer for this. Obviously this is going to take a lot
more work that just getting the underlying iax2 working, it
will almost be enough for 2 separate projects. (Exposing events of the
dialer over dbus, if it is not already, etc).

Um, you can use the ipkg for installation, instructions on
http://bkruse.com

I had a pretty crazy build environment for iaxclient, as it was not
supposed to natively compile for ARM (That was a crazy night.)

Ok, just checked out the source again. iaxclient_moko (in trunk) is the one
you want. I am not sure if you can
get it to build, I need to add those kinds of things to the configuration
script, hence the reason I released the ipkg
so soon :P

The other directories are third party libs that iaxclient depends on, that
are also setup to cross-compile.

libogg, portaudio and libspeex compiled ok, although I have to change libtool
to say where arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ranlib was located.

iaxclient_moko however refuses to find the installed portaudio

:(

You should be able to make an iax call with the test client.

After that works great, and the source works/builds ok, then I will start
implementing into the dialer.

Once I can make a call through iax, using the dialer, I will work on
another program (using dbus) for auto-detecting
AP's. (Eg keep scanning, there is probably already a mechanism to do this.)

Install the ipkg, and do a testcall --help (it's in /usr/bin or / bin,

I'll give it a go, I would prefer to build from source if I can fix my issue.

Btw, are you currently building freerunner images?

Not that regularly, but it's a trivial thing to switch.

The freerunner images would be great, and its great that you can get it to build with the latest toolchain stuff, etc. I might build a quick script tonight to go from checkout to ipkg. Anything you can do to make it more system universal would rock! (I think I have hardcoded paths in a lot of places).

I would love to update the ipkg on the site also.

Thanks for everything scaredy :)

--

Andy / ScaredyCat