Hi Michael,
I think you and your team are doing a courageous but good choose.
I ask only that if in the future this choose will limit Openmoko openess, you will "protect" us! A lot of people that are afraid that Nokia, as owner of Trolltech, can be against Openmoko freedom, but I think you are not stupid and you know what are you doing.

Good luck!

Michael Shiloh wrote:
I have had some further discussions with headquarters, and have edited my blog to try to explain the new software a little better. The important facts are that the new software:

    * Switches the Window Manager from Matchbox to Enlightenment (E17)
* Ported Qtopia to Xorg, so it is possible to run Qtopia, GTK, ELF, and Python applications all at the same time * Replaced the GTK-based basic phone suite (dialer, contacts, SMS) with ones based on Qtopia

I hope this better explains the situation.

Regards,
Michael

(Full posting at http://gettingstartedopenmoko.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/openmoko-software-update/)