Paul,

I inexperience the same behavior on the AT&T(850 & 1900) network. When the signal drops below a certain level on the left is says registering.... on the right the signal icon indicates some bogus value..

I think there is an update issue with the icon, and the message for no service, "registering.." doesn't make a lot of sense either. If you bring up the gsm/status dialog sometimes it will provide a saner reason for no connection, but then sometimes its message is bogus to..

Scott

ian douglas wrote:
Paul Buede wrote:
the coverage isn't great in the rural areas I find myself.  When driving
around, if out of reach of tmobile, it will say "registering" as if
there is no sim card.  But, on the little image of the antenna, that
shows how strong my connection is, I still have 2 bars.  Is that a bad
guage of connectivity?

As far as I recall, TMobile only uses the higher-frequency band, (1800
or 1900? I can never remember), and probably won't drop down to the
850MHz band unless they've signed an agreement with AT&T to piggyback on
their lower-frequency network in the rural areas where you've been.

-id