francesco.dev...@mailoo.org writes:

>>  But I'm a bit confused by all the similar theme names: faenqo, faenqomod
>>  and mokofaen.  What's the history there, and is it still useful to have
>>  all these variants?
>
> Faenqo:
> is the first theme in chronological sequence, made by cyberesprit.
> I don't think it is maintained anymore, but it works and it's cute;
>
> FaenqoMod:
> a mod of faenqo theme, made by me and based on the work of cyberesprit.
> It works but I don't think I'll update it anymore;
>
> MokoFaen:
> is a new theme, it's the ideal prosecution of faenqomod.
> I'm currently working on it, and for the foreseeable future it's the
> theme that I will update.

Thanks for explaining that; now I'll go and try them all out a bit more.

> To have all of them it's just to give choices to the users, maybe a
> more accurate description in the download page could be useful.

Yes, I think descriptions like you've given above would be nice.

>>  For example, if I want to add pressure somewhere, as I have with finxi,
>>  do I have to do that with all 3 of the themes above?
>
> Well, yes. But if you have some special request I could manage to add
> some features in future releases, or you can simply hack and update
> the themes yourself ;)

As long as a theme has a continuing owner/designer, I guess it's best to
go through him/her, for consistency of the theme design.

In Finxi, I added a current pressure display (as e.g. "985mb") to the
top left corner of the homescreen.  Where do you think that would fit
best in MokoFaen?

Thanks,
        Neil