On 01/02/2013 07:44 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
Am 02.01.2013 um 13:30 schrieb Benjamin Deering:

My gta02, or possibly the bare board I removed to convert my GTA04 is getting a
new job as a wifi audio forwarder to let me play music over my hifi wirelessly.
 I would like to remove the battery from this phone once it is set up to
prevent damage to the battery and to free up another battery for long trips.

Both of my GTA02s are A5 with buzzfix.  It sounds like A7 had a change to allow
it to boot without a battery.  Does anyone know what the change is and if it is
something I could apply myself?   I am going to be doing the bass-fix and it
would be nice to fix this at the same time.
I think it is  C1767 on page 4:

http://downloads.openmoko.org/developer/schematics/GTA02/Schematics_Freerunner-GTA02_A5-A7cumulative_public_RC0.pdf

Thanks, that looks reasonable. Before I can try it I need to get some parts to build a capacitance meter so I can find some appropriate caps in my junk bin.

Ben
Thanks,

Ben