On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 20:03 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 16.10.2013 um 19:31 schrieb Timo Juhani Lindfors:
> > Balint Szente <bal...@szentedwg.ro> writes:

> >> What is not clear for me is that can a software be FSF/OSI "free" but
> >> illegal to use?
>
> "Free" is a term only considering copyright. I.e. it is licenced under
> "copyleft".

This is incorrect.  Copyleft and software freedom are different
concepts.  For example, BSD code is free software but not copyleft.  The
FSF explicitly describes the BSD license as a free software license:

  'This is a lax, permissive non-copyleft free software license'

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OriginalBSD

--
Bob Ham <r...@settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }