Hi Xavi,

> Am 11.11.2017 um 13:12 schrieb Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdru...@tinet.cat>:
>
> El Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 06:17:11PM +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller deia:
>> So I'd be interested in which products (or services) you as
>> a member of the tinkerphones community would like to see. So
>
> A battery charger ?
>
> Maybe it's just me, but I keep getting too little time out of my GTA04
> battery.  I carry a few battery spares and that's enough, but then I
> have to charge several of them, and I only have the GTA04 to do it. I
> charge the one in the phone, when it's full, swith it off, change
> battery, charge that one, and again. It takes a while for each and
> often I forget I have to change the batery and when I need them they
> are not charged.  I'd like to have a charger where I can put 2 or 3
> batteries and forget about them until later to just pick them up
> charged.
>
> I guess it's low tech and boring, but it'd be useful and I'd like to
> buy it. I'm not sure if someone else would like it.

I would like it as well!

And I have a simple idea how to build one. I still use one of the original
GTA04A1 prototype boards where just some components were soldered on,
incl. the battery connector. I use it to power a GTA04 from battery
without covering the OMAP processor. It is not a charger (there is
no charger chip installed), but used as a power bank...

It looks like this (the board on the left is the GTA04A1):

Now, the idea is to provide a PCB very similar to this, but have:
* the correct spring loaded battery connector
* some metal handles (cut&bent a copper staple and solder to the board) to keep
the battery in place
* an Mini-USB socket so that you can connect to a standard wall charger or a PC
or hub
* it should even be possible to strap together with the GTA04 Qi-Charger:)
* a LiIon charger chip that can run a charging cycle w/o any CPU support
* some LED(s) to show the charging status
* is likely ~20€ per unit

I think you can then just take two or three of those and connect to some
(old) externally powered hub to charge several batteries in parallel.

Would this fit your needs? Would others be interested as well? Additional ideas?

Generally, this discussion has already turned out to be very fruitful!

We already have identified as not difficult to provide:
* Qi-charger kit for GTA04 (working prototype already presented a while ago:
https://twitter.com/goldelico/status/815234456126689280 )
* FST-01 crypto-key clone (Big-USB or Mini-USB plug for GTA04)
* standalone GTA0x battery charger for HF08 batteries

More ideas are welcome! Make GTA0x great again :-P

BR,
Nikolaus