Hi,

I have collected some information at https://misc.andi.de1.cc/kobo

> > There is also an RS232 (3.3V level) interface for the console and I have
> > soldered a cable with a connector to it so that I can plug it on demand
> > and connect to an adapter for a FTDI cable.
>
> I didn't think to try that. I was fortunate that someone else had done the
> work of making a reasonably configured Linux kernel available. I've no idea
> if a more modern kernel would run on the i.MX50-based Kobo Mini.

Well, in the mid-term I would plan to have e.g. encryption and an
Y-cable on the usb socket (it supports host mode but does not power the
port). There a proper kernel configuration would be of praktical use,
and probably also a more recent one.

Regards,
Andreas