Melanie - I appreciate your effort at clarifying what is objectionable about 
the anti-war talk that has taken place - but I still don't understand from 
this last note.  It sounds like you see the attention paid to war on Iraq is 
narrow and maybe naive. 

I have a short response to this question and it raises more questions: "I am 
curious to know whether those who intend to write in support of the French 
Ministry will also be supporting the French militaristic impact in Africa. Or 
for that matter their support of Mugabe (President of Zimbabwe) in the EU, 
who as we speak is destroying some of the largest African wildlife preserves? 
Just a thought....."

I haven't heard anyone give a blanket embrace of any government.  Are you 
thinking that we should not be forceful about the US gov't preparation to 
invade Iraq because other gov'ts have grotesque issues to deal with?  Or that 
supporting the French to stay aaway from Iraq is hypocritical because of its 
own behavior in Africa?  Or is it the lack of attention to environmental 
issues?  Laurie, Chicago
  

Reply via email to