Question for Community Gardeners- do any of your organizations- Non-profit-
neighborhood associations, greening organizations- who own your own land and
gardens- have to pay property taxes? Just wondering- we do in Cedar Rapids,
Iowa. We are a 501(c)3. Our taxes aren't expensive. I think we are the only
ones who pay property taxes in the country- but are there other groups? If
you do pay property taxes and are in an urban area- do you pay residential
rates or Ag. rates? Can you let me know. We challenged our taxes once and the
assessor made the decision and turned us down. (This is the same assessor who
wants to tax at higher rate  for lower cost/ income homes, those under
$150,000 than the upper crust ones $300,000-$500,000- $1M.) We just need a
little more information of what is going on around the country. Thank you
all----jill jones, Wellington Heights Neighborhood Association, Cedar Rapids,
Iowa