It's not the norm in DC.  I'm finding it recently in gardens in the  Capitol
Hill area, but not elsewhere.  Not to say it isn't very important  always to
test.  I'd think it important to find out how deep the lead is in  the soil
before just deciding to remove a certain amount of soil.  What if  the lead
extends to 2'?  What if its only in the top 3"?
Judy

In a message dated 5/9/2005 2:15:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,