Actually Springtails are a sign of healthy soil filled with organic matter.
When it comes to potted plants, Springtails can be a nuisance.  I recommend
letting the pot dry out in-between watering since they like the moist
habitat.

I did send a sample of the Springtail that was found in the garden to the
Collembola Guru in the world and it was found to be a species that was never
found outside of Florida. It too was not known to be a "home invader". I
joke that the Springtail came on holiday and ended up in a rainstorm.

How we did decrease populations was to spread the mulch thin and let it dry
out completely. The populations went back to normal in about 3 months.

I'm sure everyone has seen one without knowing what it was. Have you ever
read a book in Park and saw something the size of a flea that scurried
across the page? Most likely that was a Springtail.

Deborah

> Deborah and Evan
> I agree that using bioremediation would be great to use to heal the soil.
It

http://www.ibiblio.org/london/agriculture/bioremediation/1/threads.html#0006