I recently had a 3' wide, 2' tall weatherproof sign sponsored by a vendor I 
know through my professional office.  I included the information about our 
garden, pictures from our garden and the logos of our grant people and our 
garden sponsors.
   
  That's the best thing I can suggest.  Get it sponsored.  When I made calls 
for sponsors I told them where the garden is located, how it benefits the 
community at large and how it benefits families in need.  I stressed more the 
families in need - those who garden with us and those who receive fresh produce 
via food banks, shelters and a free store near our location.
   
  Our sponsors include everything from civic organizations to vendors who 
specialize in particular goods and/or services.  These sponsors are happy to 
have their names associated with an organization that is reaching out to help 
others.
   
  Be prepared to do an infomational presentation.  I created a PowerPoint slide 
show, had some handouts I made at home and dressed neatly in business casual.  
I only have my time involved and about $25 for paper and a thumb drive for 
storing my presentation.
   
  As for the small metal tags, I'm sorry, I'm not able to help you there.
   
  Good luck.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Speaking of school gardens, someone with a school garden on another 
list was asking about sources and costs for permanent signage. He 
wants 3x5 metal plant ID labels that include a sentence or two about 
the plant (50 or so) as well as a permanent color interpretive sign 
describing the whole project. Has anyone assembled this type of 
information, or can you direct me to resources?

_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: 
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20071011/1f57e5fb/attachment.html
 
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to