Hi Jeff, 

I am a new member to AGCA and of course do not recall the post. However, I am 
in the organizing stage now in my neigbhborhood to do just that. We have many 
gardeners - old and new. But, there's been very little sharing with each other 
- both produce, knowledge, and elbow grease :-)  Although I am not looking to 
make a profit; my intent is for us to be better neighbors; sustain our families 
with fresh produce, teach kids about gardening, gleaning and supplying the 
abundance to those in need. Located in North Oakland next to Berkeley, 
California (affectionally called Bordertown); the climate is perfect to start 
this month preparing the land and planting more winter vegetables. I've planted 
and maintained a garden in this location for the past 3 years -- in ground, 
raise beds, in containers in my backyard, in my front yard, and strawberries 
and herbs indoors. However, I've been gardening for 1/2 century. 



I'd love to chat with you and anyone interested in this concept as I am a new 
organizer of Victory Garden Networks (VGN); but not new to organizing - I'm a 
project manager. And, I invite anyone in the area to contact me if you are 
interested in starting a VGN. 



Regards, 

Victory V Lee, Family Western Herbalist 

The Victory Garden Foundation 

www.VictoryGardenFoundation.org 



P.S.: My name is really Victory :-) 


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "George Campbell" <[email protected]> 
To: "community garden" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Monday, January 5, 2009 1:16:27 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific 
Subject: [Community_garden] seeking help 

I saw or read something within the last year or so about a fellow that 
manages backyard gardens in his neighborhood. He makes arrangements with 
neighbors to set up these vegetable gardens, and then manages them. He makes 
a variety of arrangements including shared produce, profits, etc. He tries 
to get them close together where he can be weeding one while watering 
another across the street. I cannot remember where I saw or read about this. 
Does anyone know about this? I would appreciate being able to reconnect with 
this info. 

  

Thanks 

Jeff Campbell 

-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: 
<http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20090105/f99a01cd/attachment.html>
 
_______________________________________________ 
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org 

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected] 

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20090105/f00a35c6/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to