Not sure what that is in San Francisco, but I second Fred's endorsement of 
"re-crete". We call it "urban rubble", and used it last year making a 
labyrinth, a medicine wheel, blueberry circles (to keep folks from rolling on 
them - the blueberries for some reason attracted a lot of rolling and stomping 
their first year - kind-of a pain). We paint the chunks of rubble as part of 
the process. 

In my poor, neglected blog for the Center, there are some pics:

www.urbanministrycenter.org

click on the blogs link, top far right.

Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC

Happy New Year, all!


In a message dated 1/6/2009 11:44:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email protected] writes:

Samantha,
I missed that episode because I don't have a television,  but I'm guessing it 
was re-crete... Broken up bits of sidewalk and driveway  with the broken edge 
facing out.  Easy to stack, nice texture, free, half  the weight of natural 
stone, flat on two sides so it's easy to level and  mosses/molds over nicely.

Or it could have been frozen burlap, I have  no idea, never been to san 
francisco.  Just taking a wild leap!   Doesn't anyone from san francisco read 
this 
list anymore?

Good luck  with it, whatever you use.
fgc

Fred Conrad
Community Garden  Coordinator
Atlanta Community Food Bank
732 Joseph E Lowery Blvd, NW,  Atlanta, GA 30318
ph: 678.553.5932 fx:  678.553.5933
[email protected]    <http://www.acfb.org>  
Our mission is to fight hunger by engaging, educating and empowering our  
community. 


************************************************



      
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20090106/d4434df7/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to