Karen,

You are so right.  My clay soil went from 8.2 to 7.2 pH in only two years of
adding organic matter.  I continue to add organic matter as mulch and have
not tested again.  The worms will do the mixing.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, FROM ANYBODY, AT ANYTIME for the garden except seed.
Some had rather buy their organic matter due to time, labor, etc.  That is
fine.  A lot of organic matter is free but you may have to transport it.
Most horse stables are looking for someone to haul off the manure.

Ken H