Hi, Folks!

My computer crashed, so I'm on someone else's, but I just had to pop in here 
and say

"Why is it illegal to harvest rainwater in CO?"

Huge article in today's Inquirer (Science section) on the benefits of 
harvesting rainwater and the incentives here PA to do so.

If CO has an old law left over from when rainwater was used to push out sewage, 
it may be time to change that law (stormwater and 
sewage have to have separate channels now) since many municipalities no longer 
want the expense of treating water that will just 
be used outside (gardens, washing cars, etc)

Dorene

(I miss my sig -- community garden coodinator, Phoenixville, PA)



------- Original Message -------
>From    : CHERYL BORGEN[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent    : 5/4/2009 3:59:44 PM
To      : [email protected]
Cc      : 
Subject : RE: Re: [Community_garden] Watering plots in your community

 
We might give this a try.  Unfortunately, it is illegal to collect rainwater in 
Denver, CO!  I'm game to try drip irrigation on a 
timer if we can afford it.

 

Cheryl

 


_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to