Hi, I don't think I've posted on this list in a long time. I'm a community gardener in Baltimore, where I helped to start a garden that's now near the end of its 7th growing season. I also work with an urban land trust, Baltimore Green Space, which takes title to land in use as community-managed open space. (This includes things beyond gardens, such as little parks and also horseshoe pits.) We now preserve two gardens and one horseshoe pit.
Baltimore Green Space is working to develop its stewardship practices -- how do we best support the volunteers who keep each garden or other space going? If any of you are involved with urban land trusts, I would be very glad if you can contact me. I'd like to ask about your own land trust's experiences. And for those of you who garden in spaces protected by a land trust, I'd also love to hear from you. What are the most helpful things the land trust does to support you? Are there any changes to how your land trust operates that you'd recommend? Anything else you think I should know? Thanks so much for your help! Miriam -- Miriam Avins Baltimore Green Space [email protected] 443-695-7504 baltimoregreenspace.org _______________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

