Hi:

Ok, this is what you get when you deal with novices like myself.  I need to
be clear that I do not have an external HD hooked into the SE.  Knowing that
the internal HD would not appear on the desktop until recently, I have been
laboring under the assumption that the internal HD had the capability to boot
the system itself by installing the Mac OS software.  I have now found out
that this would be true if it were a Classic, but Pandora's Box is not.

So, it's off to find an external HD for Pandora's Box.  No more banging my
head about this until I get the right internal HD, which I have no clue what
Apple would have shipped with it, if it were sold new.  Can anyone offer me
any suggestions as to what I should look for?  What are the types of external
that work best with the SE?

Anyone else have an SE originally configured with an external HD or is that
something that was purchased later on?

Thanks,
David Harris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]