Here is the set-up of the hardware that I have ;

    - 1 x Apple Macintosh IIci
    - 8 x 16Mb 30 pin SIMMS (70ns)
    - 1 x Seagate ST32151N 50pin Hard Disk Drive with Apple Logo
    - 1 x External Apple CD-ROM 600e

I having problems with Formatting an Seagate ST32151N with an Apple
Macintosh IIci & OS7.5/7.6 + Anubis 2.54.

Is the process of event that occurred.

1. Received an Seagate ST32151N from a Supplier that hade already
pre-formatted.

2. Installed into IIci, Installed Apple Mac OS 7.5 - No Problems through
booting from Floppy Disk (Disk Tools 1 - OS.7.5)

3. Installed Adaptec Toast 3.5.3 & starting to have problems with the
Application.

4. Attempted to perform an clean install of Mac OS7.6
    - Used Disk Tools 1 - OS7.6 (68K SCSI HD Floppy)

    - Apple HD SC Setup vB1-7.3.5 used to perform Initialise

    Disk performed the Format, Verify, but came up with the following error
message ;

    "The Disk could not be initialised - Unable to write to disk (Continue)"

    - On Selecting "Continue", the Disk Icon disappeared from Desktop

5. Attempted to perform an clean install of Mac OS7.5

    - Used Disk Tools 1 - OS7.5 (

    - Apple HD SC Set-up vB1-7.3.2 used to perform Initialise

    Disk performed the Format, Verify, but came up with the following error
message ;

    "The Disk could not be initialised - Unable to write to disk (Continue)"

    - On Selecting "Continue", the Disk Icon disappeared from Desktop

At this point, I thought that the disk could not be initialised using Apple
HS SC Setup, therefore I thought I would use a 3rd Party product - Anubis
2.54

6. Booted the Apple Macintosh IIci using a Bootable OS7.6 CD-ROM

    - Used Anubis 2.54 from Floppy Disk

        Disk performed Format

        Disk performed Initialise

        Disk performed Partition

        Disk performed Install

    - Disk Icon appeared on Desktop

7. Attempted to perform an clean install of Mac OS7.6

    - All Option Selected for Install

    - System Installed, But during Install  - the install froze, no mouse or
keyboard were
    operational - therefore no choice but to perform an hard reset.

8. Booted the Apple Macintosh IIci using a Bootable OS7.6 CD-ROM

    - Used Anubis 2.54 from Floppy Disk

        Disk performed Format (O.K)

        Disk performed Initialise

        (O.K - Writing Boot Partition)
        (O.K - Installing driver & Icon on Disk)
        (Failed - Testing Blind Writes)

        - The driver will be installed with Blind Writes disabled

        - Error Writing Driver

Has anybody any ideas of how I can fix this problem, help would be much
appreciated ?

Many Thanks

Geraint Searle