I have an SE FDHD of the same model that does the EXACT same thing.

Like you said, the noise REDUCES after a while but it never entirely disappears. After yet another period of time passes, the noise will again increase. This pattern continues indefinitely. I'm not sure what might be failing; there are no visible symptoms in the operation of the computer that might indicate a cause. The video picture looks fine, too.

It's almost sounded to me at times like it was being emitted by the SE's speaker, actually. I've had, at times, over 40 various SE models and this is the only one to ever exhibit behavior like this... I don't ever use this particular one. I got it from a university, so who knows?

-Nat