Well, I ran my logic board through the dishwasher today. I'll let it
dry for a day or 2 before attempting reassembly & let you all know how
it went. It was a nervewracking thing to do!

I remove the battery, SIMMs and 4 DIL ROM chips first, just in case.
That was everything I could remove, as far as I could see.

But one thing surprised me. It has an expansion connector, labelled,
if I remember correctly, "FPU/CPU EXPANSION". What kind of slot is
that & does anything go into it? I thought the Classic II had no
internal expansion! LowEndMac mentions an FPU option & says the logic
board is derived from an LC one.

The LC had a PDS slot and Sonnet even offered the PrestoPlus for it -
with a 68040 and 32MB extra RAM, plus onboard Ethernet.

--
Liam Proven · http://livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=lproven
AOL/AIM/iChat: [EMAIL PROTECTED] · MSN/Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]