This seems such a simple idea, I can't believe it never occurred to me
before!

I've got a Rasterops Colorboard 264 and an Asante ethernet card. The
latter has a passthrough slot, but it's at 90 degrees to the card so I
can't fit both cards in my machine. (I really should track down a right
angle adaptor - any offers welcome!)

However, the Asante card does have a series of jumpers for setting the
card "id" so that it doesn't conflict with whatever is in the
passthrough slot.

It seems quite feasible that these jumpers would simply affect the
card's timing with respect to the system bus. If that is indeed the
case, then we could just be looking at two cards connected in parallel.

Hmmm... Maybe I should dig out a voltmeter and do some studying...

paulos

--
http://homepage.mac.com/paul.brierley/