Mauricio Henriquez wrote:
Hi Colin Gutrie:
Thanks for your repply about alt-gr problem. And great!!!! I'm also a developer (opengl developer), so I very happy to find a developer list of compiz...I'm working in some ideas for pluggins (for now only in a opengl format without nothing about compiz or xgl), so I very interesting in work with you, is this posible??, please guide me on this...what I have to do to set a box for development on compiz?? (official cvs repository, compilationlanguage, etc), please if yuo guide me on this I can relly help you, I have severall ideas but I dont know how to integrate this ideas into compiz or xgl..pluggin?, how?, documentation?, etc...

Well, I'm by no means a compiz developer. I'd like to be but just haven't got the time due to other projects I am currently commited to.

If you want to work on compiz tho' and discuss your ideas for new plugins etc. the best place is either this list or the forums over at http://www.compiz.net/ - this is the home of the Quinn Compiz semi-fork of compiz which has many user submitted modifications to compiz to make it do more fancy stuff NOW!! We all know an appreciate that David et. al. have larger plans for Xgl/Compiz and while it has really been quite amazing that so many people have wanted to make compiz better, a lot of their contributions do not fit right now with the direction of the main program, hense why the Quinn Compiz version was created. It's not really a fork, as it tries to keep up to date with the vanilla version too, it's more like a "instant gratification" branch :)

So if you've got new plugins etc. it is quite likely that they will be adopted into the QUinn version.

Go along to the forums and introduce yourself and you'll soon get to know who the big contributers over there are.

Anyone think this is bad advice? I hope not. David, do you think this is the correct pointer for new people/do you approve etc.?

Col.