> Nevertheless, even though it should work now, I wouldn't necessarily
> make synchronous method calls if I were you. You don't have to use
> threads to do asynchronous method calls. Whatever dbus bindings you're
> using should have a non-blocking way to send messages. I wouldn't want
> to block for each method call if I were setting a large amount of
> options.

I had a similar problem with my scripting plugin [1]
I have modified annotate dbus and plugins which take
a request to load a svg and then return a int handle to
the svg once it is loaded.

I was going to use the filename as the identifier for the
request but maybe it would be better if something could
be added to dbus to allow for asynchronous methods
better.  Do you think this would be OK?

[1] http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?t=138

The plugin and everything are basically just experiments
to making a complete dbus interface to compiz (as far as
possible anyway)

Regards
Mike