Here are my comments on the Extended Reflection API Design Document
 (revision from May 4th 2007).

 - As discussed with Derick, I only give feedback on the Extended
   Reflection API part of the proposal (CodeAnalyzer and WSDL/SOAP are
   excluded).

 - I like the design (it is almost the same of the Reflection_Annotation
   PEAR package I started a couple of years ago, so I am biased, of
   course :-) of the Extended Reflection API component and see no flaw
   in it.

 - The current implementation [1] looks good, too.

   - Of course the class names etc. need to be changed to the ones used
     in the design document (ezcReflectionClass, ...) and the CS needs
     to be adapted. But those are minor issues.

   - I strongly suggest, though, that we use Tobias' annotation parser
     [2] and integrate it into ezcReflection.

     - Getting Tobias' component into the eZ Components as a separate
       Annotation component as he suggested would not work as the
       Reflection component would need to depend on it which is against
       our rules.

 The next step in getting the Reflection component into the eZ Components
 would be to transform Section 2 of your paper into a design document
 that is formatting according to our guidelines. If you want, I can
 help you with that.

 Out of curiosity: One of the use cases mentioned for the CodeAnalyzer
 component is software metrics. Have metrics (such as McCabe, for
 instance) already been implemented? I am asking because this is a
 topic that is getting more and more important in the PHP world and
 several people are working on solutions.

 --
 [1] http://instantsvc.toolslave.net/trac/browser/trunk/libs/reflection
 [2] http://www.schlitt.info/ez/Annotation-1.0.0alpha1.tar.bz2

--