Hi Alex,

Alexandru Stanoi wrote:
> Falko Menge wrote:
>

>> Format
>> ======
>> The Reflection component should reuse the syntax of phpDocumentor
>> (http://phpdoc.org) and also some of its annotation tags. To retrieve
>> the data
>> types of properties, parameters and return values the annotations
>> @var, @param
>> and @return should be analyzed. They have the following syntax:
>>
>>     /**
>>      * @var datatype description
>>      */
>>
>>     /**
>>      * @param datatype $paramname description
>>      * @return datatype description
>>      */
>

> It looks great!
>
> Just a thought: there are also other standards for comments (Doxygen?)
> which people might use instead of phpDocumentor. I think supporting the
> possibility that the user specifies which handler to use is in the
> spirit of eZ Components.

Doxygen states that it only supports PHP `to some
extent' and as far as I could examine the tags do
not support a formal specification types. This
makes it probably hard to use for the purpose of
the Reflection component, but of course not
impossible if custom annotation parser
implementations could be used.

Which other documentation standards do you know
which can be used for PHP?

Kind regards,
Falko