On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Thomas Koch wrote:

> most translation agencies tell us, that they don't know qt-linguist files
> (.ts), but do support XLIFF. So I thought, we could maybe implement the XLIFF
> support for ezcTranslation.[1]
>
> A quick view through the XLIFF specs[2] revealed, that XLIFF supports far
> more
> structural and meta informations then ezcTranslation.
>
> Do you already have some concrete ideas about the design of the XLIFF
> implementation? Would you like us to do the implementation?

We have an issue for this already [3] - but I don't know how we can
prioritize this. If you are interested in contributing, then of course
we can add support for it. It shouldn't be too hard to write a
reader/writer for it. In order to convert between the two formats, we probably
have to extent the current TsReader with a writer as well, just like the
cache back end (in TranslationCacheTiein).

[3] http://issues.ez.no/IssueView.php?Id=11483

regards,
Derick

--