Hi,

today I had some time to look at the language extraction problem again.
I almost finished the script today and I hope I can post a final version
before I go on vacation on Monday ...

> One thing I think might be useful is help for the process of updating
> software versions, introducing new strings and removing some others.
> It would be handy to have a tool that is "diff" oriented:
>
> - given a set of templates and a translation file, it adds the missing
> translations strings to the translation file and outputs the list of
> unused strings

That's what my script is doing at the moment. It creates a new
translation file or updates an existing one. Any unused strings get the
status OBSOLETE and could be processed afterwards.
I don't think a list of unused strings is a valuable information if I
get it on the console while executing the script.

> - given two translation files, it can add the missing strings from a to
> b [in "unfinished" mode] and output the list of strings in b which are
> not in a

While writing the script today I thought about these merging, ... stuff.
I think this should be in a separate script within the translation
package, as this is generic functionality concerning all translation
files. Therefore I won't address this issue in the script I'm
contributing for the TranslationTieIn.

Regards,
Andi