James Pic wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Piotrek Karas
>

>>     I wonder what that means in terms of eZ Components as a product - will
>>     that seize to exist on its own (or in other words: outside of being part
>>     of future eZ Publish)? What do you think?
>

> eZ Components is used in other projects than eZ Publish like Arbit
> tracker, Jetfuel framework or WCV to name some open source ones.
>
> That said, can you define/elaborate *technically* the concept "seizing
> to exist on its own (outside of being part of future eZ Publish)"?
>
> Regards

Hello James, hello all,

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. More what I meant was whether
will eZ Components be still developed as a project kind of independent*
from eZ Publish, with its own dedicated team, roadmap, new components
added gradually? Or will they be more likely to be lead by future
versions of eZ Publish, and not much further?

The major technical difference would be whether new components keep
showing up and evolve and are maintained, even if eZ Publish won't
require them, or will the development of new stuff be limited to what eZ
Systems need for their products.

Unless I am missing something, both ways seem possible and reasonable to
me. Please let me know what do you think about it, even if I am just
mumbling ;)

This thing might have been discussed or explained during latest
conference and meetings, unfortunately I missed those...

BTW. Any update on the 2010 roadmap?

* - I wrote kind of independent because as far as I know eZC were to
become the building blocks for eZ Publish and other solutions. However,
they seem a very stable and independent project/product today.

Cheers,
Piotrek