Hi,

On 10/14/06, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 20:33 +0000, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> I think there are legal positions that
> can be reached only by passing - these could also be skipped in a
> database, I think.

I don't see how I can avoid passing moves.   You must pass in seki
situations and you must pass to avoid filling eyes.

Yes, if you want an absolutely complete database, then you can't take
any shortcuts. Beginning with "realistically obtainable" positions
would trim the tree and you can fill the gaps later if needed.

I can't see any use in investigating a game where white passes the
first 20 moves, then black passes 20 times... :-)

regards,
Vlad