I've often wondered how I would program a computer to play a game, chess
or go,
if I had perfect information about the game.    How do you make it more
difficult
to win against a fallible opponent?

I assume that in many positions there are more than 1 maximizing move.
I would of
course restrict the computer to those moves (I call those moves "good"
moves in an
idealistic sense and everything else as "bad")

I guess you would simply steer towards positions where the computer had
lot's of "good" moves and the opponent had very few "good" moves.

If I were doing this for chess, I might just build an evaluation
function based on trying to maintain the highest legal move count
possible and do a limited depth search - restricting myself of course to
only maximizing or "good" moves.

In go, I think you would want to keep as many things going on at the
same time as possible, and you would want to increase the number of
interactions on the board.

I am sure a perfect computer could gain a few stones by confusing the
opponent in this way as opposed to playing a straightforward game.

- Don