Orego version 3.03, described in the paper and available at the Orego web site, is in C++.

However, we are finding C++ an exceedingly frustrating language to work in. I won't go into the details here -- we don't need another language war -- but suffice it to say that it seems like we're spending a lot of time messing with details that aren't of interest for the research. Now that I've found that Java can have speed within a factor of 2 of C++, I'm thinking of going back to Java.

Huh, why not use Pascal? It has speed of C and simplicity of Java :)