I would like to take part in the 19x19 competition.
I also prefer kyu rating to Elo, but I got the impression that
you were relating kyu rating with handicap games (that is
usually done by human players).

I think handicap is a bad idea for computers. Handicap
requires human intelligence to understand how the playing
style must be changed. It completely ruins fuseki databases
and may also make josekis that are good under equal play
too slow. Of course, if you pretend to ruin fuseki database
programs, its a good idea. But I think dan/pro level fuseki
is not only legitimate, but probably the best possible fuseki
and it can be played in ultrablitz which preserves computing
time for later moves. The only drawback is 10 Mb of
disk space. Any silly welcome video is heavier than that.

I suggest, if handicap is implemented, it should be optional.

Jacques.