Le vendredi 29 décembre 2006 10:58, Aloril a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 11:53 +0100, alain Baeckeroot wrote:
> > Le jeudi 28 décembre 2006 03:34, Don Dailey a écrit :
> > > I'm having an interesting problem - my hope is to set
> > > a random legal move making player (who doesn't fill
> > > 1 point eyes) at ELO zero.
> > Hmm maybe i misunderstand. It seems to me that a random player
> > cannot have a fixed rating  (except -infinity) as it will lose
> > all his games against non random player.
>
> First thing: Don Dailey is talking about equivalent player to
> PythonBrown in 9x9 CGOS, not Random.
Oh , this might change  by 200 ELO ! Pythonbrown's rank depends mainly
on the number of weak program between it and the anchor.

> > Or if it is set at zero ELO all other non random bot will slowly
> > drift toward +infinity.
>
> Actually given *enough* games "fully random including eye filling and
> passing moves" will win against a pro player.
The *enough* is the problem. Considering the sun will burn the earth in
less than 10 billion year, it is statistically impossible
that a random player will win a strong dan player before the earth disapear.

Paraphrasing Linux coding style:
"An infinite number of monkey typing in GNU Emacs, would never make
a good go program"

> I did find one game where
> pseudorandom player (==Random at CGOS) wins against GNU Go on 5x5 board.
> Haven't found one in 7x7 though.
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~tromp/go/legal.html
5x5 is 414 billion possible games,
7x7 is 8.3 x 10^22
19x19 is 2 x 10^170
Dont waste your time looking for random win on 7X7, it will ~never happen.

I won't discuss this topic anymore, it already happened 1 year ago at the
beginning of cgos-9x9.

Alain