On 2/14/07, Jason House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
?ukasz Lew wrote:
> Generally http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disjoint-set_data_structure
> In my program it's a tree for each group of stones. In the root is
> number of pseudoliberties.
> Joining is cheap and checking group membership is cheap.
>
> Look at chain_t class. in board.cpp
>
> Best,
> ?ukasz Lew

I had done similar once upon a time in my bot and later moved away from
the disjoint set approach because of the headache that undo created.

Undo can be done efficiently exactly like in Gnu Go.

Out of curiosity, is this library intended to support MC clients
specifically or other types of searches (such as alpha-beta that tends
to back up its search frequently?

Basically I wanted to implement a board in a hope that more people get
attracted to Computer Go. But now this is more or less accomplished.
So I decided to implement some kind of set canonical algorithms.
But only those most common, I do not intend to make another GnuGo :)

I just started UCT, as majority voted for it. Maybe patterns will come next.
If You have something to propose, just go ahead :)

Lukasz