Hello Peter, Hello Don, Hello all,

It is true that I have been mainly working to improve the level of MoGo in
19x19. It turned out in my experiments, that improving its level in 9x9 with
very little simulations was significant for the level in 19x19, so it is one
reason why the limited version of MoGo are running on cgos. So even if the
goal was 19x19 improvements, the improvements appeared in all boardsizes.

Our first approach to 19x19 was, as you say Don, to constrain the board (as
explained in our paper), and it brought improvements. However, now it is
quite the contrary what is happening, each improvement allows to remove
constrains on 19x19, and making it play as if it was a 9x9 board (I mean in
the parameters). As you may have noticed for example, MoGo is not playing
locally anymore on 19x19 (which gives it an ugly style :-)).
The number of simulations done in this tournament was from 10k to 50k per
move, depending on the context and the move number (simple time management
stopping early the thinking if one move is clearly better than the others).
For all the details on the improvements, we submitted a paper, and I am
writing them in my thesis, so you will all know, just wait for them to be
written :-/.
I still strongly believe in the future of MC even in 19x19.

Bye,
Sylvain