I am a big fan of UCI, and it would be great if we could use a similar
interface for go.

The only part I would probably not try to reproduce for go is the
pondering scheme. In chess assuming the opponent had moved the
predicted move was the most popular choice by far, so it was ok to
have it ingrained in the protocol, but in go this is not the case and
we should probably expect the engine to indicate PV lines that include
the opponent's next move.

Álvaro.