> It seems that e-mail at my university does not work any more. I have
> received none of the replies to my message of yesterday, but I could
> read them on the web archives of the list. So I have registered from
> another address, and will answer to the questions I have read on the web.

In section 2.3, you say:

Also, the generalization to teams assumes that the strength of a team
is the sum (in terms of Elo ratings) of the strengths of its members.

But it seems from the equation just above that section that you means
"the product" and not "the sum".  Or did I misunderstand something?

Never mind.  I just remembered that Elo a log of y.  So "the sum"
makes sense now.