On 6/21/07, igo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
The writer's conclusion is "Keep it Simple!",
but the Fischer timing's action is not simple to understand.
Can someone explain me why a player receives times after played a move
even when he doesn't lack of time ?

It really is simple. You start with an initial time pool. Every time
you make a move, a fixed amount is added to your pool. If your pool
runs out, you lose. It's hard for me to think of anything simpler,
except for sudden death. If you make it so a player only receives time
when he is in time trouble, you need to add extra conditions, making
the scheme more complicated.

The only reason to not use Fischer clock is that it requires an
electronic clock that supports it (hard to use with a watch).