In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jason House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Open Division Round 1
 - You mention AyaBot2 joining it's game with CrazyStone.  That should
be HBotSVN.

Yes, my mistake, now corrected

 - "Printing name and version number" happens when the bot crashes,
kgsGtp terminates, and a script automatically reconnects the bot, and
the cycle repeats.  It may be better to say that the SimonBot engine
kept crashing when trying to score the game?

Yes.  Now rewritten as you suggest.

Open Division Round 5
 - I personally thought the IdiotBot/HBotSVN game had an interesting
end position.  Despite the extreme weakness of HBotSVN (simply using
the UCB algorithm), the position was problematic for several monte
carlo engines.  HBotSVN thought it had a 100% chance of victory though
the bulk of the end of the game because the random playouts assumed
idiotbot would fill one of its eyes.

I am interested to see that UCB does indeed have that effect. We were discussing it this morning, and wondering if a pure UCB program would be happy about its opponent have a two-point group, expecting one of them to get filled in.

But I doubt this would be of general interest to programmers?

Also, HB04 does not show up in the names of programs page.  Of course,
the housebot logins are piling up:
HouseBot: Intended for stable version of HouseBot.  It's the only
ranked account.
HB04 - Very old HouseBot 0.4 - Extremely fast play based on 1-ply move
heuristics
HB05 - HouseBot 0.5 - Global alpha-beta search
HBotSVN - Latest and greatest version of HouseBot, generally
experimental.  Once upon a time, it was version 0.5 .  In this last
tournament, it was version 0.6.

I've added all that now. Thank you for explaining these differences, and for pointing out the other errors.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]