From: Robert Jasiek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:17:07 PM
Subject: Re: [computer-go] Why are different rule sets?

David Fotland wrote:
> I'm curious... How does the rule sets affect how people play the game of go?

Different scoring requires my strategy to be adapted. Different counting
leads to different kinds of defensive methods against accidental or
cheating errors.

> I personally find territory scoring more interesting.  90% of my reason for
> that is because the game ends sooner...

So how do you ensure that in real games? Do you not use Japanese fill-in
counting because for that you would need to make the game longer again
by filling the dame?

 > I don't have to go filling dame

You don't have to (I guess you use some verbal Japanese rules), but how
do you count?

--
robert