Thanks for the documentation.  I have a few questions.

Looking at only the four neighbors to detect eye-like points seems like it
could leave many false eyes and allow captures of dangling chains.  Is there
any mechanism to avoid this problem in the play of the bot?

I'll have to think more about the multi-stone suicide thing.  There's
definitely a few situations where that can change the life or death status
of a group.  How much of a speed difference do you get from the suicide
thing?

The documentation implies that you're not using a disjoint set for chain id
tracking.  I thought this was one of the large speed gains in libego.