1) The strongest players I've known personally have been extremely
articulate about what they were doing & why; one used to practice
explaining every move he made to his opponent.

2) I'm not that strong, myself--so you may take this with suitable
seasoning. I think the main advantage of personal go strength is having
enough experience of the game that you have a sense of the size of the
tree-space, the critical importance of correct move-order & of the need to
prune that search-tree. Anyone who thinks his program can afford to make a
slack move... just doesn't understand the game's requirements.

Forrest Curo