There is a standard file format like PGN for Go, that uses standard go
notation.  It's the Ishi Press Go Format used by the original Many Faces of
go, and still supported by Many Faces.  You might still find files out there
with a .go extension.  It was invented before sgf, but the go commuinity
preferred sgf, I think because the files were smaller.

I think Anders supports using Korshelt notation in sgf (E4, etc, with no I).

David

 >  I'd just like to see adoption of a standard file format for go that is
human readable.  To me, that requires "standard" algebraic notation such as
"E4".    I'd definitely prefer to see an sgf-like or PGN-like variant over
XML.  I can't yet commoent on JSON or YAML.