Don Dailey: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> About fairness, as classical programs including GNU Go and ManyFaces
>> need about ten minutes for their best performace, why do you give
>> other (Monte Carlo) programs thirty minutes?
>>

>What time control do they use in serious tournaments?    Do you consider
>them fair or unfair?

Those settings are established earlier, ie, when we had poor pcs. As
David mentioned, we had much less cpu power and needed 30 minutes for
best performance.

When we use almost the same method the absolute value of time setting
is not a problem.  But now we have two different approaches,
classical and MC, too long time setting gives some advantage to MC
programs.

 From the view point of innovations, however, it's not to be said
unfair.  When comparing performaces of several implementations of
different approaches, ie, MC and classical, one scales better for
time and the other is not, _at a moment_, it may be better to set the
time being enough for classical programs.

-Hideki