> Has anyone did this before or has anybody thoughts about this?
I have done that for 4*4 and 3*3, my code is not in shape that it could be used
5*5 but have high believes it is anyway possible used for 6*6 some day. But
this was discussed in this group earlier and nothing new has occurred since
then.
7*7 is solved in ten years ... hahaa no need to reply that. You need very good
solver to proof that in this particular "middle" position Black or White can
archieve better than optimal score and no reason to continue search. Bigger cut
better..

Doing investigations in http://sourceforge.net/projects/narugo  project and
happy to co-operate.

t. hArri