On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Petr Baudis wrote:
If there is a capture of more than 1 stone during the random-games then
  count the number of white and black stones on the board.
  If there are more than twice as many stones of one color then
    score current board position
    If this is consistent with the winner of stone counting then
      abort the current simulation

Nice idea. The only catch is that I cannot really properly score a board
position if it has eyes of size larger than 1. ;-)

I cannot score it properly either, but when all these conditions
are true the situation is most likely completely hopeless and
it's time to resign (for that paricular simulation)

Christoph